Thursday, January 29

A Fruitful Day. You are now reading the blog of an official staff writer of the Kansas State Collegian. A girl I've had a couple classes with, the lovely Nasrina Williams, was able to get the editor of the Edge (the arts, entertainment, and lifestyle portion of the paper) to hire me on. We will take care of all the logistical stuff on Sunday, but yeah. The first article I will be writing is due mid-February, and it's a piece on the Manhattan Arts Center's production of "The Apple Tree". For those of you who didn't go to Olathe North when I did, or for those of you who did but have too many mind-altering pasttimes, we put on our own production of the musical my sophomore year. It really sucked, but hey... at least maybe I'll get to see it again for free! Other articles I might write on in the future include a piece on girls who resort to stripping to pay for college, an article on cinematherapy, and many more things. At least this will be the first job where I will be able to utilize (to some extent) my major. And that, my friends, is a good feeling.

No comments: