Social Status and Class Yes, I am still single.
Those of you who had hopes for me or faith in my ability to perservere through a sixteen hour semester, I have failed you, and for reasons which are too stupid to jot down here, I have dropped down to twelve hours. I have dropped Biology, and saved it for another semester, and I have also dropped Spanish Composition and Grammar... which I might also take some other time when my other classes aren't so meaty. I only have two semesters left... so... yeah. Anyway. Here's a bit about the new class I added, as well as the class I was already in but didn't have until today (it's a once-a-week class.)
Geography of the U.S.: 3:30 MWF Yes, I sucked it up and took a class that will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays, AND Fridays, so I'm not ALL that lazy. This is a 500 level class in a subject that I have never formally studied, but according to Hannah, it shouldn't be too bad. The teacher seems pretty funny, and it's in a big lecture hall, so if I magically don't show up to one or two (or eight) classes, it won't make that big of a deal... at least not "participation"-wise.
Advanced Creative Writing - Fiction: 7:05-9:55pm W This class is going to be fun. We basically have to write three short stories and do some other random, fun stuff, and that is it. Susan Rodgers is the professor, and she is great fun, plus I know or have had class with quite a few people in the class. Included in that group of people I know is Emily Thompson, who I've had class with for the past three semesters (if you count the Development of the English Language, which I dropped after one class period, so really... we've only had two semesters of class together.) She used to hang out with us all the time, and she's cool as hell. So cheers to that.
Now that I've blogged, I am going to return to reading poetry by the Puritan poet Michael Wigglesworth. I actually have to read his stuff for both of my classes tomorrow, which is kind of weird... too bad his poems are long ass and I don't have to get the same one for both classes. Here's to hell, fire, and brimstone!
Oh, and Happy Birthday to Jason. Here's a poem for you, bud.
A Birthday Dialogue Poem
Cake or pie?
Cake.
Why?
Candles.
24?
No, Keifer! No.
What?
... Twenty-four.

No comments:
Post a Comment