Remember Vivian. For some reason I thought today about my dear old friend Vivian. Vivian was an inflatable doll that my friends and I bought when we were in high school in order to make a movie... an art piece, if you will... about the hypocrisy of life a society in which we want to accept and befriend everyone even though it is truly impossible. It was funny as hell, yes -- but in a way it was brilliant... even poignant. It involved such memorable scenes as a quickie in an outhouse, a crying plastic face (Vivian's), and like all good films, a burning mansion. Rick, Skippy, Janie... if you have this movie, send it to me. I'd like to watch it again... for old time's sake.
I need to get a big, comfy "reading recliner" so that I can actually focus on reading rather than on other things like inflatable dolls.

No comments:
Post a Comment