Things. I always think of about twenty random things to put in my blog, and I word out my description of each in my head with such eloquence that some might consider me the most brilliant writer in the world today. Then I drink, or I sit down and watch TV, or I do any number of other things that render me completely devoid of intelligent thought, and then I decide to sit down and post. That is where this post is coming from. Random, yes. Poorly written, I agree. However, after all of these poor posts I've written, you're still reading, aren't you?
The biggest news I have is that I'm thinking of applying for a internship in New York City this summer. It's a ten-week position with Random House which, for those of you who don't purchase things made of paper, is a publishing house. The only things holding me back are the fact that I need a resume, which I don't have... and the fact that I kind of want to be with my friends the day I turn twenty-one. BUT... there are more important things. So yeah... I'll keep you posted.
Equally grand is the fact that Jessica Ritter plans to come out to Manhappenin' Kansas for a little visit the first weekend in February. For those of you who know of Jessica's past visits to Manhattan (in that they have ended up being cancelled at the last minute), you'll be glad to hear that she has informed me that the only thing that will bar her arrival will be the unfortunate occurence of snowfall on the date of her travel (which is scheduled on the fifth of February). Jessica, we eagerly look forward to seeing you and enjoying your convivial spirit once more.
I am off work for the next five days (until Saturday night), so if you have anything you want to do this week that is exciting for two people, let me know; I'd be glad to join you.
I got my watch adjusted today; it now fits snugly around my wrist, which is good. I watched Spirited Away this morning, which I thought was very good. Because Jason said he wanted to get it, and since I am feeling devoid of good music these days, and because I trust Jason's taste in all things musical and cinematic, and because the album was featured in last week's Entertainment Weekly, I purchased the new Phantom Planet CD. It is very entertaining. See the current Song of the Moment for my downloading recommendation. I talked to Katie today, which was good, since it's been so long. She showed me her tattoo, and I will tell you all... I am a fan... and I'm not even a tattoo person.

No comments:
Post a Comment