Friday, January 16

I wasn't going to work out today, but I did. It felt pretty good... we'll see how tomorrow goes. I drove to Topeka to hang out with Joe... we ate dinner at a pretty good Mexican place and watched some TV and then went and saw Along Came Polly (for FREE, thanks to an old neighbor in Putnam). It was pretty good... Phillip Seymour Hoffman was hilarious, as was Bryan Brown. And of course, Jennifer Aniston was gorgeous. Eh.... it's worth a watch for all of that. I'll probably buy it, the consumer whore I am.

When I was driving back to Manhattan, I encountered the thickest fog I had ever driven through. It was intense, and it was made even more intense by my intense imagination. Intense. This guy behind me creeped up really close to me, stayed there for maybe thirty seconds, and then fell back about a quarter mile behind me for most of the trip. I thought (or pretended) that maybe he had taken down my license plate, and was then going to follow me into the peaceful town of Manhattan, search for my license plate number, and kill me amidst the dense fog and softly falling rain. Then I remembered... life's just not that interesting. At least not for me... but HEY, the night is young. He (or she... I never really considered that it could be a female stalker) might be patrolling the dark Manhattan alleyways right now, looking endlessly for QMR 349... or maybe he/she is breathing heavily outside my window, waiting for me to shut of the lights and crawl into bed....................

No comments: