Once upon a time there were two rabbits who lived together in a rabbit hole. One day, the white rabbit named Jordan said to his hole-mate Marcus, "I think I'm going to go live in a different hole."
"Okay, good luck," said Marcus. Marcus found a new hole-mate to take Jordan's place when he left. The day Jordan left, he packed up some, but not all of his carrots.
"I'm going to be back a couple more times to pick up the rest of my carrots and hang out," he said.
"Okay," said Marcus. So Jordan moved to his new hole and stayed there for several weeks. In the meantime, Marcus's new hole-mate dropped off a couple of carrots at the hole so that he wouldn't have to drive them across the meadow and then back while they waited for Jordan to take the rest of his carrots. Then one day, Jordan bunny-messaged Marcus.
"I'm coming up and bringing a friend for the weekend," he said.
"Okay," said Marcus, being the open-minded and accepting rabbit that he was. "My new hole-mate's got some carrots over here, but they aren't in the way."
"WHAT?!," Jordan cried. "That is not cool, if you ask me, Marky... not cool!" Confused (and slightly annoyed that Jordan was treating him like his baby bunny brother by calling him "Marky"), Marcus tried to reason with Jordan.
"You aren't even living here anymore Jordan... why does it matter to you?" he asked.
"Well, it's still my hole, Marky. I still pay rent there." Marcus thought about mentioning the fact that he was the one paying the bills while Jordan was out trying to find better holes in greener pastures, or that he never really retaliated the time that Jordan had all his friends over and they had mad bunny sex in Marcus's bunny bed while he was out of the hole... but he decided that it would be no use. Jordan was an idiotic nincompoop who, Marcus thought, probably wouldn't listen to reason. In the silence, Jordan continued his mindless blathering.
"I just wish you would have given me an ears up," he said.
"I thought I just did," Marcus answered curtly.
"Whatever, it's fine. I forgive you," said Jordan.
---
MORAL OF THE STORY: Never agree to live with a rabbit you don't respect no matter how hopped up on carrot juice cocktails you are.

2 comments:
(This is Logan, so take anything said with a basketball-sized grain of salt...)
First, I didn't know I could post here! Booya!
Second, I love a story with a moral. And a rabbit. And a cheese sandwich (no lettuce).
Yes. Yes, it is all wonderful and all true.
Post a Comment