Friday, April 11

Happy Harry Potter Day!! I have no class today. I'm not sure how I got so lucky, but it is definitely nice. Unfortunately I am working this morning still, so no sleeping in. My issue right now is that my car is parked out front... illegally... which means I am going to get a $15 parking ticket. That wouldn't be TOO much of a problem except that my paycheck that is supposed to hold me over for the next two weeks was only like $60. And Harry Potter just came out on DVD! I think I'm going to have to give up alcohol for a week or two to save my money. I owe Jason about $30... which doesn't help much. Waa waa waaa...

I counted up my DVD's yesterday. Without Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (which, despite my monetary troubles, I WILL be purchasing today) I own 155 DVD's. I think this is a pathetic addiction that only illustrates my lack of anything better in my life that's worth spending money on (i.e. a girl). I wish there were a 12-step program for DVD addicts such as myself, but Jason has informed me that such a program does not exist. Maybe if I started one, I could charge "dues" and make more money?... to buy more... DVD's... dahh it's a viscious cycle.

When I went to Hastings last night to purchase Harry Potter (along with, as a promotion, a free lithograph and a free 2-liter of Coca-Cola), my card was declined (due to my lack of funds mentioned above... my check didn't go through as quickly as I thought). That wouldn't have been too much of an issue -- it's happened before -- except for that the girl at the counter is in my fiction writing class, so now every time I see her she's going to be thinking, "That's the poor white trash bastard." Something like that.

No comments: