I can't sleep. Well... I could and was, but no more. And that's okay, I suppose, because I've been listening to some good music, and now I'm posting, and next I think I'm going to clean my room up a bit. (Can you have a triple-compound sentence? Is that legal?) I'm actually considering getting an early start to my day now, especially since yesterday I did almost absolutely nothing (other than kick some poker ass and purchase Before Sunset with my winnings).
Of course, that probably won't happen. I'll probably feel tired after posting or maybe after cleaning my room and the dishes that are piling up throughout our apartment. Plus, I'd really like to dust and vaccuum and sweep and mop floors, but I would feel guilty if I were to wake Joe from his restful summer.
Today I watched this movie Broyles has been trying to get me to watch... The Five Obstructions. It was really interesting - and I think I would have really liked it had I been watching it alone... or at least someone who didn't feel it necessary to repeat every mundane fact and occurence as though I wasn't watching it or, worse, wasn't capable of understanding what was going on in front of my face. I won't go into the finer details of the film or attempt to give you my interpretation of it (as I'm still digesting)... suffice it to say it's a piece of "metafilm" (I know there's metafiction... but metafilm?), which here means a film about filmmaking, and yeah.
Oh yeah... court. It went well, if by "well" you mean "boring" or "pointless" or any other adjective that somehow expresses the utter banality of the whole thing. Why did I have to be there? Your guess is as good as mine. Might as well have had my brother or dad or some random homeless guy stand in for me and save the gas money. BUT now my mom is not such a basketcase, which is kind of funny to me because my big fear-fest is over my impeding wisdom-teeth doom. But yeah, she was freaking out so much before that damn fifteen minute (I'm being generous here) "court date" that she couldn't eat or speak about anything remotely off the topic of the "court date". I thought about giving her a mild sedative and letting her sleep in the car, but it was a passing thought. There was a pretty interesting statue outside of the courthouse. I took pictures on my phone, so if you see me and would like to see, I would love to show you. ANYWAY when I told mom about my anxieties about next week's oral surgery, she said "Oh, you'll be fine. This (the "court date") is a lot scarier." Not that I'm freaking out, but come on. Traffic court.... wisdom teeth.... traffic court.... wisdom teeth....
We also went to the McDonald's by my house which was recently remodled after some big truck backed right through the front window and into the line at the counter. It has been Johnson Countified like nothing I've ever seen. Water features, big screen plasma TVs (yes, plural) inset into the walls, pleather couch and lounge chairs... it's actually really nice. Unnerving, tragic... but nice all the same.

No comments:
Post a Comment