Apparently I am not allowed to use AIM until after December 28th. Allow me to explain - my mom is cancelling AOL, and so in order to do so, we must stop all usage of AOL services. One would think that if a customer were to call and say, "Please cancel my AOL subscription," after they went through all the "But-No's" ("If we were to give you one month free..." "No") that their subscription would be cancelled. Unfortunately, our friend One would be wrong. So apparently my checking my e-mail because I assumed that it would just stop letting me in after a certain date and possibly my signing on to AIM under the Screen name that I created years and years ago on AOL is reason enough for AOL to continue the AOL service even though it was ended. Mom's a bit pissed on this one folks, and I don't know that I blame her. SO...
I need your help. I already have (and have had for awhile) a new e-mail address: trenarym@hotmail.com, so if you could please direct all future correspondence there, I will definitely get it, and will even attempt to respond in a more timely fashion than I've been known to do. What I really need is a new screen name. For some reason I lack the originality or even the imagination to think one up on my own. And friends, I really need this to go better than the past group-think events that I've brought to this blog. That means that I want, nay, REQUIRE everyone who reads this blog to come up with at least one good option - it's the price you all must pay for being allowed otherwise-free access into the deepest reaches of my mind and soul (conveyed to you through my flowing literary prowess.) You can't say that you don't know me well enough to think of something, at least not if you've been reading. Hell, pick a post. After reading 12/23/03's post, you might come up with something like "ColdStoneCassanova" or "MetroSlackual". Or check out 9/25/03, and you might see "NotanOgre" or "KingoftheWashPalace" I DUNNO! I'm just throwing ideas out there! I'm relying on you, and I'm ordering you... HELP ME (or else I might have to change the URL of this site!)
Please post all potential screennames in the comments section of today's post. Entries are due in the comments section by no later than 9:00pm 12/5/2004. The winning entry will be selected by Michael Trenary (henceforth known as 'MRT') and used as his AIM screenname for the forseeable future, and all rights to the name will be transferred to MRT upon notification that the screen name has been chosen. MRT reserves the right to edit or alter any entries to serve his messenging purposes. Prizes may be awarded to the creator of the winning entry, most likely in the form of continued postings on the blog at URL http://trenary.blogspot.com, though tangible prizes will also be considered depending upon the merit of the winning entry. Void in AK and VT. $0.10 redfund in CA.

No comments:
Post a Comment