Monday, December 27

Sticky Keys?

So I'm sitting here and I'm kind of jittery for God knows what reason, and I pressed the Shift Key five times, and a pop-up window came on and told me I had activated "Sticky Keys", a wonder for those to lazy to press and hold the shift key. I attempted to write this post using my discovery but ultimately found it too tedious to handle for any longer that the post's title. Can you tell the difference? Neither can I.

I am beginning to realize that my favorite DVD that I got for Christmas is "The Office Special". It's got some really nice special features, and, as many of you already know, I am quite enamoured with this little import series anyway so... I guess it was bound to be. Granted I haven't delved into Return of the King or Spider-Man 2 yet, and I have yet to go out and purchase Napoleon Dynamite (which I hear has become all but impossible to find in these parts).

I want to take this apologize to all grammar buffs for the way I [mis]use punctuation when I have "quotes" and (parenthesis). I know I ought to put them INSIDE these things, but I find myself completely incapable of doing so, and so from now on will not attempt to do it the right way unless I'm doing so for a paper or other scholarly project that requires such effort from me.

I also apologize for my mispellings, my interesting syntactical choices, and my poor diction (resultant from my all-too limited vocabulary).

I feel compelled to go out into the world on this day and do all the fun and interesting things that living in Manhattan cannot afford me; however, I don't feel compelled to take a shower. I'm hoping that upon completion of this post, I will realize that I have been sitting in this chair for the nearly three hours that have passed since I woke up with such hope for the events of the day that I couldn't stand the idea of laying in bed a minute longer.

Sorry too that that last bit didn't make much (if any) sense.

My biggest decision now is when to cart myself back to Manhattan. I could go back tomorrow, forsaking my family and Olathe friends who I still have yet to see, in order to get ready for the party and special guest I will be hosting in my as-of-now-filthy abode. (It's not really filthy, per say, or, at least it wasn't when I left... there's no telling in what state the events that transpired in the final days of its occupation have left it.) Or I could go back on Wednesday, still have time to do things to the apartment, but face more of these mornings of completely frustrating inaction.

Oh, I also want to apologize to anyone who tried to get ahold of me after oh, say, 4:00 yesterday. The battery in my phone died, and then I forgot to charge it until around midnight when I went to bed. It ought to be charged by now, though, and so hopefully if there is a need (or even if there isn't) you will be able to get ahold of me.

No comments: