Tuesday, December 21

Hum-de-dum-de-do

This is a weird, random thought that probably doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, but nevertheless it is panging around inside my head right now. Does anybody else have a family that used to sleep with the doors open but now sleeps with them closed? I find myself in that situation, and the more I think about it, the more interesting it becomes to me. When did this change occur? What has changed in us from the time when we were able to leave the doors open... like one big communal bedroom? Not that I don't enjoy and essentially require the privacy that I now have, but I guess maybe I'm kind of waxing nostalgic for that feeling of closeness and connection.

Anyway.

The Faraday Party last night was wonderful... great to catch up with some of my great friends from high school. Tonight, Rick, Skippy, Angie, and I went and saw Spanglish. This is where I would normally rant or rave about the film, but instead I think I'm going to make one big and definitive holiday movie review post at the end of the season. So far I've seen Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events and Spanglish (and Ocean's Twelve, but I've already given my opinion on that one... blegh) SO yeah. You all have that to look forward to now.

Actually, though, maybe as a public service I should give you a hint of my opinion on these films as you may like to go and see them for yourselves before "Sedge's Holiday Movie Review" is unleashed like the empire that is and always will be this site. So, I will just tell you to avoid both films I saw today unless your in the mood for 1) crappy, sappy adaptations of not crappy nor sappy children's books or 2) long, unruly movies that often lose their way while attempting to be far too visceral for their own good.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

My guilty admition is that I did sort of like LSASOUE... if not for what it was then for what it could/should have been. Brad Silberling! BAH! But, as I've promised, I'll have more on all that later.

Next up in my wantonly random list of things that I think you ought to know... Katie (yes, the Katie) is coming to visit for New Year's. I am very excited... excited and nervous and many other things that I don't know how to put into words other than to say I just want for things to go as well as I picture them going in my head... which doesn't really make a whole lot of sense for those of you who aren't me. Unfortuantely I am incapable of mending this problem for you, but if you haven't met my dear friend Katie, consider availing yourselves to attend my New Year's Eve bash in Manhattan in order to make yourself a splendid acquaintance or, dare I say, friend. It will definitely be a night to remember, and I am really excited to finally see her again after so long.

Also, for those living under rocks (or in persons that don't require you to spend hours upon hours here, here, or here) the powers that be have announced the release date for the next Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It will be released a meer ten days after my birthday - July 16th. So THAT'S exciting... especially for you, because I'll be so happy about the book that I won't even think twice if you don't pay attention to my extremely reasonable birthday gift wish list (for more information, please see posts from June 13th-14th, 2004).

No comments: