Friday, December 17

Mauhewhehmugggum

Well, the wisdom teeth are out. It's not so bad right now... a bit sore, like someone kicked me in the jaw... but nothing I can't deal with. It's supposed to get worse by day 3, so we'll see. Apparently I said some interesting things when I came out of my sedation. My mom said the nurse came into do something, and when she left, I said "People are assholes."

It's good to know that despite all the medication, I remained true to myself.

Happy Birthday to my dad. I'm not sure how old he is today... somewhere between 45 and 48 (my guess is 47.)

I saw Ocean's Twelve last night, and I'm sorry to say I was pretty underwhelmed. It had a lot of good, fun things and a lot of potential, but I think it kind of left the audience out of the process (which is a shame, because that was what made the first one so successful in my opinion). Where Ocean's Eleven said, "Look at what we're doing... it doesn't quite make sense yet but it'll fall into place later", Ocean's Twelve says, "You don't know what's going on because we pretended nothing was." It's just a bit too much trickery that ultimately excludes the audience from the fun. Too bad.

Well, I'm going to go eat some soft foods and do something relaxing.

No comments: