Wednesday, December 1

[insert witty distillation of theme here]

Sometimes I don't know why I even try. It's not like after I'm done it's not going to get messed up again. So why is it I can't help but be livid when the morning after the day that I spent a large amount of my precious time cleaning the apartment, it looks like I didn't do anything? Am I the only person who has this issue? I can't wait to live alone - I already hate myself; there's no need to drag another person into the equation.

ANYWAY I think now that I've officially decked the hell out of the halls, I'm done with my Christmas decorating. Not like I could afford to do any more if I wanted to! I took some pictures of my tree, but now that I don't have internet on my phone, I couldn't upload them on here even if I knew how.

After this week, there is only one more week of school. Tomorrow my last two papers of the semester (I think) are due. I have a quiz today in Botany. I'm going to a concert tonight - the last one I have to attend for Intro to Music - after Melissa and I partake in all-you-can-eat steak and shrimp at Sirloin Stockade (a weekly affair, we're just trying it out because 1.) steak is good 2.) shrimp is good 3.) neither of us have much food in our cabinets.)

I'm getting slightly nervous about 1.) my court date and 2.) having my wisdom teeth taken out. Would I could be like you, Logan, and just say no. I have a feeling it's going to cause more problems for me taking them out than there would be if I just left them in. After my meeting with that hammer and the unfortunate absense of my retainer from my realm of caring, my mouths pretty fucked up as it is... what more are a couple of teeth that haven't even broken through (and probably won't)? Alas, my mother comes into the equation - that faithful follower of all those with PhD or MD or whathaveyou adhered to the tail ends of their surnames. Damn you Raymond Rhodes, MD!!! DAMN YOOOOOOOOOU!

And so immediately after I get the mess that was my semester cleaned up, I have all that shit to deal with. Hopefully I'll be healed by the holiday season (shouldn't take more than a week, should it?) Otherwise things are really going to get messy.

(In other words, I'd better be able to eat all the caviar and escargo that I can stomach and drink all the wine and beer they'll give me at my damn uncle's "Trenary Family Christmas Cocktail Soiree" or there's going to be hell to pay!)

No comments: