Friday, April 16

I Dream of Microwaves. It's the title of the debut short story collection by the newest member of the KSU Creative Writing faculty, Imad Rahman. Mr. Rahman is going to begin teaching at Kansas State this summer... and his book, I Dream of Microwaves, recieved a B+ in last week's Entertainment Weekly, and this week, it was number two on "The Must List" (next to TV shows like '24' and movies such as 'Kill Bill Vol. 1'). I only note this because it is rare that a writer of national promise chooses to settle down in the middle of Kansas, and even rarer that he should decide to teach at Kansas State University. WHAT IS GOING ON?? Hopefully I get to take a class from this guy, who a reviewer at Entertainment Weekly claims "has pop-culure speak down pat" and would "make a most amusing drinking buddy." ANYWAY... enough of that, I'm kind of rushed, so I should get going.

No comments: