I've changed? Today Chad and I got locked out of our apartment. Apparently the locking mechanism within our door broke, so we had to sit outside for awhile until someone could come and break in to our apartment and let us in. While we were locked out, a loose dog ran past me, followed by its frantic owner. Old me would have run out and tried to help the guy catch it. New me stood there stupified, thinking how stupid I would look running in Cold Stone get up.
I went and washed my car today. It was wonderful. Then I came home and deep cleaned our bathroom. Now I am straightening up my room (well, actually, I am blogging... but that's cool too). So that's exciting.
I've come to an important decision in my life. There are many, many cool women in the world, many of them friend-worthy. I think that I, however, have accumulated my fill. I have enough friends who are girls now. I have enough girls who say "Awww, Michael Trenary... he's such a sweet guy, I just heart him!" (all I here is, "Awww, Michael Trenary... he's one of the girls.) So... this means that I am no longer going to go out of my way (or even stay within my means) to try to include new girls in my life. I know, this will possibly ostracize several very unique and interesting individuals from my worldly experience. It has been my experience, however, that girls in this stage of their lives only want to date guys who treat them like crap. Since I have plenty of girl-friends, but no girlfriend, I think I'm going to have to change my method. Not that I really care whether or not I get one... but life's getting pretty boring anyway. Does that make sense? It's coming out all garbled, and I should probably try and clean it up a bit, but I'm not going to. It's a messy idea anyway... and one that I don't feel I need to immaculately justify, because I know what I'm thinking, and I know that for the time being, it's sort of correct. Whether or not you believe so is your own problem. I'll close with this from my current reading, which is coincidentally also my AIM profile...
"When someone sees the same people every day... they wind up becoming a part of that person's life. And then they want that person to change. If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." - The Alchemist
Love y'all!

No comments:
Post a Comment