Wednesday, April 7

Manhattan in the fall and winter is shit. I can't handle it. It makes me want to crawl out of my skin. Maybe that's why Manhattan in Spring is so much more better... there are so many blooming trees and budding flowers and it just... SMELLS better, looks better, and is better.

I really like Radina's, my favorite coffee house in Manhattan (I think it's one of the three we have here, so take that for what it's worth.) I was sitting there a bit ago and it started raining, and in the water-filtered April afternoon light, it almost felt like I wasn't in this town anymore... but instead somewhere else more exciting and less restricting geographically, creatively and, I might venture to say, spiritually. It felt like I was in an airport almost, and I have to say that I think airports provide perhaps my favorite atmosphere out of any other type of building, commercial or otherwise. It might not be the physical layout of airports, but more the emotional... that excitement in the air that you are literally at the doorstep of hundreds of different locations all over the world. There is so much spontanaity possible in airports... at least for those with money. Maybe someday I'll be one of those people. Hopefully sooner than later.

I think if I find out I'm not going to get this internship this summer (which I'm really beginning to think is what's going to happen, sadly), I think I am going to buy myself a plane ticket and go somewhere. Chicago? Boston? California? Who knows... depends on ticket prices and my commitment to frugal living between now and then.

Gotta go... I have so much shit to do within the next fifteen minutes that it borders on impossible. In fact, I think it crosses over the border by quite a bit. Sucks.

No comments: