Confession. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for blink-182 and their pop-punk harmonies and heavy reliance on bridges and chorus-repetition. That said, I purchased their newest album tonight. It is untitled, and I enjoy it a lot. I would recommend the songs "Violence", "Down", "Asthenia", and "All of This". "Asthenia" is about a pretty cool subject - an astronaut in a space shuttle who doesn't want to return to earth because it's so full of artificiality and negativity. Good writing material... perhaps I will partake sometime.
I also confess that I sort of ran home this weekend. I was feeling pretty depressed for some reason - it could have stemmed from a host of different things. Anyway...
I hung out with Mike tonight, and that was great. We watched the awesome KSU victory on TBS and then celebrated with trips to Wal-Mart and Target (this is when I bought the blink album). Then he started talking Mormon to me, and I didn't really know what to do. That wasn't so great. I'm going to church with him tomorrow because he said that it was the only way we'd be able to make it to the Chiefs game on time. I'm not SO sure that's the whole truth, but... yeah. So I'm going to the Chiefs - Raiders game tomorrow, which is great. Then I will go back to Manhattan for a couple days, then come BACK here to Olathe for Thanksgiving.
I want to watch a lot of movies when I go back to Manhattan and not do the class thing. The semester's nearly over though... only ten more days of class (or something like that). SO... maybe I can hold out? Finals are going to be ugly. Oh well... it's only my college education. Meh.

No comments:
Post a Comment