Friday, November 7

On the importance of profundity in blog entries I am a firm believer in the idea that one need not use profound words to express profound thoughts. I will admit that most of my blog entries speak of the mundane, and that rarely do I attempt to acheive any philosophical understandings of the world around me (although SOMETIMES I do), but I guess that is not why I created this blog. Every day I am forced (or feel forced) to look for the deeper meaning in things, including my own life. Sometimes that feeling will manifest itself in a post. Oftentimes it will not.

Maybe my blog is more of an escape from all that... to just write down all the things that happened in my day so that way the two of you who still read this and I don't have to have conversations about my mundane life since you already know a lot of what happened, and we can get to the nitty gritty. Or maybe I write about the boring events of my day because that's the side of myself I'm not good at expressing verbally (not that I feel I'm really good at expressing ANYTHING about myself). I guess that could be a flaw, since I don't pursue "higher" conversations with my friends, perhaps I should pursue higher musings in my blog thoughts? But really, if you know me at all, you know that I don't really pursue conversations period. I encounter them. I am no good at thinking up things to talk about, so I wait until YOU think of it, then I give my say. Or maybe this is all just a selfish thing for me... maybe I write all of my random thoughts down so that I don't feel bad boring you with them in our real conversations. I admit my own randomness can be annoying, but at least here you have the option of ignoring me. I think I might have said something like that before.

Regardless of all that, I never have and never will claim that this blog will produce any quotable revelations on the meaning of life. Read Caleb's blog for that... he's much better at it than I. No... I think I'm just going to stick to talking about things like how my poetry writing professor cancelled class today because not a single person read the assigned poem (Frost's "The Witch of Coos"). It was pretty nice. Then you will know how I react to situations and will understand ME rather than my flawed understanding of the world, which would most likely benefit from a good conversation with you.

I want to go see a movie tonight. Really bad. A movie like Elf. But I already said that in an earlier post today. So... any takers? Either of you? Mmmbetty.

No comments: