Picking my battles. Michelle and Jason stopped by Cold Stone the other night. It was great... we weren't busy at all, so I got to hang out with them! Then after they left, massive throngs of sorority girls came in. I could describe to you the intense hatred I have for these groups, but as this is a blog and I don't feel like rambling, I will instead say that you'll have to ask me later.
I saw The Matrix Revolutions last night. I was quite a fan, although for a different reason than I was for the first one. The first Matrix was cool because it was new; dark, mysterious, and with Special effects that had never been made before. It had quite a bit of sub-surface substance to it as well, and it could be pretty easily figured out. The second movie, while good, lost sight of all this. I couldn't tell what it wanted to be; interesting piece of cinema or high budget action flick. The third film sealed it; The Matrix is indeed a high budget action film. Where it tries with such earnest, I feel it fails: in my opinion, trying to figure out exactly what is going on (both literally and figuratively) is a little too difficult to figure out... all I can picture is two nerdy Wachowski brothers laughing at me and saying "What? You honeshtly don't get thish?? What a shimpleton are you." Maybe I'm just lazy, but yeah. BUT... WHAT A RIDE! Where the melodramatic resurrection of Trinity scene in Reloaded sorely out of place, similar scenes in Revolutions seemed to have found their home. And all the action... the throngs of sentinels... that face plant on Agent Smith and the view of the real sky... I had a lot of fun watching it. Some of you will agree. Some of you won't. But I guess that is just the beauty of life.
How cliche. Anyway. I want to see Elf this weekend. I also don't want to work. One of these things will occur. The other won't. My neighbor upstairs has squeaky bedsprings. They are especially loud around two in the morning when the bars close. This is disturbing to me for a couple of reasons, but worry not... I have already moved on.
Now I am going to go do my homework for my class in an hour. I am excited to come home from class and to be free for a weekend of fun and fancy. Tra la.

No comments:
Post a Comment