Oops I did it again. I slept through my second chance at reading poetry at Manhattan High School. There's no excuse for this other than the fact that I am not a morning person. Mr. Ficke, the teacher whose class I was to read for, hates me, as I believe he is warranted to do. I am a bit wary of what repurcussions might result from my sleep deprevations, but I guess I will have to keep on going until they do indeed surface.
Here's the thing... today was the first day we've had my Structure class since the homicide. Professor Murray, the prime suspect in the murder of his ex-wife, was in class and taught us today. At the beginning of class, he introduced those "who have been living in a cave" to the fact that he is indeed one of if not the prime suspects. His voice broke a few times during his, I feel, very well stated remarks on the issue. He taught class as normal, and attempted to cover as much material as possible in case he is detained. I don't know if I was "jaded" by a very well executed "performance", but I truly believed him to be sincere. I feel horrible for him and for the way I sort of hoped he actually did it so that way when I tell the story to my kids it's actually interesting. I don't know what I was thinking. So anyway... I hope he did not do it, because I really don't believe (or want to believe) that he did. If it comes out that he was indeed the killer, then today will have been the spookiest day in my life, and also the day when I learned that I can't always trust my instincts (at least not in murder cases).
Apologies to Brad Ficke, who I know does not read this, and to Ms. Friesen, who might (and to whom I was rather short with today in Survey).
I got an A on my fifth and final poem for Intro to Poetry Writing. That makes four A's and a B+, which on the whole, considering the minimal amount of time I put into the work, I am very proud of. On my five-page philosophy paper, I recieved a C, which is comendable considering I started writing it at 5:00AM the night before it was due. The bad thing is that he wants me to come in and talk to him about it, which I really don't want to do. I don't even remember what I wrote about!
Mike arrived last night. It was really great seeing him, and I cannot wait to hang out with him in the coming weeks, but I felt really out of place being there. I think it was because, other than Kyle and myself, everyone else was family or Mormon friends (there were three of these), and so yeah. I can't wait to talk to him one on one, though. I guess I might wait till the jet lag is taken care of... although our sleeping patterns are probably similar if he's still on Aussie time. Kyle and I had a nice road trip... we had good conversation and such. So yeah... it was a happy Thursday night.
I still can't believe I slept through that reading.
Moral: "If you commit, follow through." - Mr. Ficke

No comments:
Post a Comment