Thursday, November 20

If this blog had pages it'd be a real page turner. Unfortunatley, we're just going to have to call it a "scroller" or something of the sort.

Let's get the boring stuff out of the way: cleaned the apartment, got Two Towers SE on DVD, have been working a lot, and Mike gets back from his two-year stint in Austrailia tomorrow evening. All of this is great and good, but I've got some real dirt to dish out. We're talking DRAMA!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Note: dialogue is approximated-

Monday - 11:10pm - I have just arrived home from work and am checking my voicemails on my cell phone when the land line rings. The Caller ID reads "Riley County Of" Chad, president and CEO of Empire Unleashed, picks it up.

Chad: Hey Mikey, you have a phone call.

Me: (to Chad) all right. (picks up the phone) Hello?

Caller: Hi this is Officer _________ with the Douglas County Sheriff's department. We're investigating a homicide that happened in our county this weekend and were seeing if we could ask you a few questions.

I agree to the task, and Officer ______ and I arrange to meet at 2:30pm on Tuesday afternoon. Disturbed by the idea of my involvement in a homicide case, I seek answers on the internet and find them here. Apparently my Structure of the English Language professor's ex-wife has been murdered. I am entrigued.

Tuesday - 2:30pm - I arrive at the Riley County "police department" and am met by a well-shaven man of about thirty years of age who introduces himself as Officer ________. We attempt to find space in an interrogation room, but all are full. We locate ourselves at a small table in the lobby of the building, and proceed with the questioning. The questions are random, and relate to his testing methods, his clothing, and the way he and I communicated outside of class (inconsequential in my mind). Finally, Officer ________, who wrote very very slowly, bids me good day. I am disappointed.

Wednesday - 11:30am - class is cancelled. 12:30am - in my British Survey class, I hear from several other students who have recieved similar investigations. They are as in the dark as I, until a meek girl one row behind me, auburn of hair and fair in complextion, clears her throat and says:

Girl: My husband is an officer in the Riley County Police Department, but...

Me: can you not tell us anything?

Girl: Well, no, I can.... (she pauses. We are hanging on her every word. We look at her pleadingly)... well... a lot of the evidence points to him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So where does this leave me? I can't picture this man, who seemed so mild mannered and generally benevolent, comitting what my friend Hannah was informed was a "violent, gross crime of passion". But then again, he seems the kind that could very easily snap. He always appeared creepy to me. After the first day of class, I mentioned to Hannah that he looked like a mixture between Christopher Walken and Dracula to me. But who knows? This is by far one of the more bizarre things that has happened in my life. Is it bad that that I am exploiting this woman's death in my blog and perhaps down the road in my writing? I think so. But, great stories must be told, even if the teller is mediocre at best.

More as the situation develops. Back to you, Alexi...

No comments: